Two Tips to Jump Start Building The Wellness Business You Want NOW! 20...
Post 2 of 5: Build the Wellness Business You WANT 101 series. How to help ‘top-notch’ clients find you. Podcast episode IWPPB502
Wellness Practitioner Business Question for mo.
“mo, in: Modifying Your Approach Can Dramatically Change Your Wellness Business post; you mentioned ‘top-notch‘ clients and the 3 WANT WELLNESS: CELL’f Care focused pieces of information that overview the process I should provide prospective ‘top-notch‘ clients.
My question is this: At the beginning of Establishing My Wellness Business shouldn’t I take on EVERYONE since I don’t have a large base – well, if I am being totally honest– if I don’t have ANY base?”
This is an easy question to answer. In one-word my answer is-
It is a common belief that someone new to the Wellness Business should take on EVERYONE they can ‘get’.
It was a misconception I had and definitely a MISTAKE I made for waaay to long.
This practice of taking on everyone so I could prove my value, my expertise delayed my ability to
ESTABLISH my Business and here is why:
I have put together illustrations to highlight the 4 Client Types.
That is client type number 4
Let’s start with number 1.
First off I want to acknowledge how scary the thought is of letting go 3 out of the 4 types of clients.
SO if you presently do have the ‘3 crappy client type‘ scenario here is my suggestion:
…Begin mentally ‘letting go‘ of the 3 crappy client types. Taking time to understand the negative impact they have on you.
I encourage you to try action steps I have set up for you so you can see with your own eyes that the ‘3 crappy client types’ do have a negative impact on the very 2 things you NEED to Build the WELLNESS Business You WANT.
PLUS the time you designate to crappy clients is time away from helping your ‘top-notch’ clients find you.(next post in this series)Even 1 crappy client can drain you. YOUR number one priority: KNOW
The 2 things needed for you to
Build the WELLNESS Business You WANT
• Thing 1 : Your clients must be successfully moving toward the wellness they want. The focused CELL’f Care bio-individual process will make that happen by Identifying Here.
Identifying Here is the best process there is at setting up what you need as a wellness expert and what they (your client) needs to immediately begin moving toward the WELLNESS they WANT (the 3 crappy client types get weeded out quick as you recognize they want you to do the heavy lifting).
Only clients that do the work have success. You need clients to have success for others to see YOU as the catalyst to that success.
Don’t let the crappy client type take that away from you.
• Thing 2 : You must run your sessions with your client in the way that successfully moves the client through the 2nd Phase it takes to Build the WELLNESS Business You WANT. (For those of you who took the 3 Confidence Killer Course Phase 2 is the expansion phase).
Coaching your client through the Find their Point A will do this. A ‘top-notch‘ client literally merges from phase one of your business to phase two of your business as they become more aware and involved knowing that the bio-individual work they are doing with YOU is all about THEM.
This translates into a deeper trust and commitment from them and you.
The result a stable client base from which you can build your base schedule and income base on allowing you to begin to expanding your income.
A stable base and income equates to you being able schedule your open times into getting in-front of more ‘top-notch‘ prospective clients. Ultimately I booked 30 months at a time. You CAN work up to that too.
Yes, 2.5 to 3 years at a time, I knew my base schedule and base income. My pre-reserved clients, as well as my facility classes, had the schedule in hand so they too could make sure their sessions were a priority. My cx rate was as low as a handful per year and I had a waiting list for any openings that became available! (the 3 crappy client types won’t make it through what it takes to make the step by step changes).
Only clients that have Identified their Herewith you and incorporate their Missing ESSENTIALS in Find their Point A create this kind of schedule for you AND success for them.
Don’t let the crappy client type take that away from you.
Here is where my ‘wiseness‘ comes in handy…..
… Wiseness is the state, quality, or measure of being wise from past experience(s).
I want to share my experiences helping you reduce the time it takes to ESTABLISH the WELLNESS Business You WANT because
YOU ARE needed!
(Wiseness is what I always want to share with you in my FREE resources, posts, videos, educational products I produce for you, along with other professionals positive offerings for Building the WELLNESS Business You WANT. Sharing wiseness is how I want to achieve my goal of Helping YOU Build the WELLNESS Business You WANT so Those who WANT WELLNESS can attain the WELLNESS they WANT ! WIN! WIN!)
So when it comes to your question about taking on EVERYONE when you are starting out….
I offer you my wiseness 😉
It will hold you back; bring your confidence down and those ‘top-notch‘ clients who are looking for you will miss out too.
I want you to KNOW– I believed; it would be different for ME when I started Establishing my WELLNESS Business. I knew in my heart of hearts I couldsurely save ALL those needing to be saved.
…and I had to learn for myself that taking on any and all clients; often in the beginning for FREE; lead to a big delay in Building the WELLNESS Business I WANTED.
I had to learn the ONLY clients that I could contribute to; meaning thoseIcould help attain the WELLNESS they WANTED; were the exact SAMEclients that contributed to my ability to Establish the WELLNESS Business I WANTED.
You see what I am saying here. Those who WANTED WELLNESS are the very clients that helped me Build the WELLNESS Business I WANTED.Why? Because they WANTED the WELLNESS so they took on the process of Self-care.
Because Self-Care is what WELLNESS is built on and
Self-Care is the sum of CELL’f Care.
Those who embraced their bio-individual processproviding their CELLS
with the ESSENTIALSneeded. They succeeded.
Those around them naturally WANTED the WELLNESS they had.
A natural feed of new clients begin to trickle in building the base.
The other 3 client types slowed me way down.
That is how I KNOW to
Build the Wildly Successful WELLNESS Business You WANT
you need clients to be successful at the 2 things I laid out previously. I will repeat them quickly because they are so important:
• Thing 1 : Your clients successful movement toward the wellness they want using the bio-individual process Identify Here. Setting up what you need as a wellness expert and what they need as a client to immediately begin moving toward the WELLNESS they WANT. Others begin to see YOU as the catalyst to that success.
ALL new clients benefit in these 4-5 sessions with you because they for the first time are identifying with where they are in terms of Self-Care. They learn about themselves, the Core Concepts of Health, that it is attainable when they are ready.
It is WIN WIN WIN! You get paid, they get valuable information about themselves, those who are not a ‘top-notch‘ client for you are weeded out in a very business friendly way!
This sets up the organic transition into:
• Thing 2 : Your client successfully moving through Phase 2; merging from one phase to the next; becoming aware and involved in the bio-individual work they are doing with you (not by you WITH you).
Translating into a deeper trust and commitment from you and them. Helping you begin to build your base schedule.
Using the Finding Point A process Exponentially Expands your client base because now you have a pre-reserved client from which to build upon.
The time you used up each month in the past for the crappy client type(s), is now laser focused on Taking the 3 Steps and 5 Connects (next post in this series) necessary to Help ‘top-notch‘ clients find you.
NOW my wiseness tells me that YOU too WANT to save alllll those who need saving.
…Therefore I have prepared for you- action steps to take. This way you can still have the life experience of figuring out which client type enables you to use your expertise to help them gain the WELLNESS they WANT while affirming the value of my epiphany that it is this very same client type that helps you to BUILD the WELLNESS Business You WANT.
How does that sound!
(if you haven’t all ready go ahead and click the link to download pdf file)
Here are suggestions for their use: (if you do not have clients now begin a binder. Print these out have them ready to implement the moment you have your first clients.)
This series will put you in front of new prospective clients, therefore this piece of education needed to come first so those who have clients can make space needed to use the upcoming posts. Those who do not have clients benefit by being ready to identify the new client type they would like to work with.
First, download the sheets. Place each client name on them.
Next divide the clients you have into the 4 client types (some clients are a combo of types so just double label them as such).
Make a blank sheet for each placing what you think their client type title might be. (this may change and that’s what it is all about figuring it out)
Make the following notes:
• How did you ‘get’ this client?
• How your time is spent with this particular client?
• Then; how much time do you spend preparing for the next session? (Including all the times they creep in your head)
• How much time do you spend in between- are they sending emails, calls, they would like returned prior to their next scheduled session.., etc. (I have a GREAT office tip to remedy the constant out-reaching client. Even your relationship with top-notch clients benefit from this tip. I will make the post soon. To get a heads up when it posts be on the FREE resource list if you aren’t already).
Observe the following at and after the next time you meet and make a few more notes.
• Make a note to yourself how you feel prior to and after your session with them.
Begin to break down aspects of each client in categories of
Needs and Rewards. EXAMPLES:
◦ Example 1. Needs a lot of between appointment support. Reward They have provided great referrals.
◦ Example 2. Needs a payment plan. Reward. Is working very hard and accomplishing one goal after another. Gives me confidence in what I am doing as an early professional. I enjoy working with them.
◦ Example 3. A wealthy client yet constantly complains about my fees needs me to explain my worth over and over. Reward some referrals. Exhausting.
◦ Example 4. No extra needs. Reward. Making tons of progress.
◦ Example 5. Needs a lot of between appointment support, has complaints about the way I do business. Reward. I have not received any yet.
◦ Example 6. Need: brings a bunch of ‘theories’ to the session, doesn’t follow through but still wants my approval. Expresses and makes judgments about what they think I know. Does not follow through well. They are not ready to accept the ideas of what will help them most. Reward: Seeing this person does truly help a family member of theirs feel better that they are seeing me.
Then compare. Weigh the Rewards and benefits. Ranking the clients. ‘top-notch‘ on down.
You will be astounded. And as if that’s not convincing enough here are additional steps I took yearly to help me make the necessary time designation shifts to Exponentially Expand my WELLNESS Business.
Additional Steps for yearly planning.
Take your collected data and – calculate 3 things:
1 Divide the amount you earned from the individual client by the total number of ALL the hours spent that you noted above.
2 Identify the number of testimonials and referrals you have received from each of them.
3 Consider the sense of fulfillment, joy, the satisfaction gained or lost. (This is a real part of the equation. I’ll go deeper into that in another post). For now here is a quick example: Maybe the amount you earned directly is not as important if the referrals of the client are stellar. The referred client earnings is attributed to this client because they referred them.
This data places your focus on:
1 the value your client places on you. ( sometimes hurts to see )
2 the ability for you to decide on the value the client has on your business.
It will not be long until you see the value of placing your focus and skills on ATTAINING the ‘top-notch‘ client.
The one who WANTS WELLNESS; understands and wants to use the CELL‘f Care Process.
Because of this they move toward the Wellness they WANT with you.
This results in your ‘top-notch‘ client contributing to Establishing the WELLNESS Business You WANT.
Segueing us beautifully to your next action step.
#1: Prioritize; schedule in and consistently: Take the 3 Steps that Help ‘top-notch‘ Clients Find YOU. Next in this series.
After doing the exercises in this post it will be easier to get yourself to plan out the implementation of the 3 Steps that Help ‘top-notch’ Clients Find YOU because you know the value ‘top-notch‘ clients have in Building the WELLNESS Business You WANT.
Here is what you do to get ready:
Take out your calendar. I always printed out the blank month view for the year.
Time block your optimal work hours.
• Prioritize your availability to clients according to the values you assigned.
• Then re-designate the time you use to spend on the 3 crappy client types instead to:
• Schedule in dates where you will sit down and work on each of the 3 Steps that Help ‘top-notch‘ Clients Find YOU coming up each week. This way it is built into your schedule and you can begin the process for ATTAINING; RETAINING and EXPONENTIALLY EXPANDING the ‘top-notch‘ client(s) and income from them – Building the WELLNESS BUISINESS you WANT.
If you haven’t yet here is a Link: Send this educational series to my inbox mo!
…….here is a sneak peak into next time:
How & what you present to prospective clients will be what helps ‘top-notch’ clients find YOU!
SELF- SELECTORS ARE ‘top-notch‘ Clients!
When they hear you WALK through the 3 Core Concepts, the 3 CELL Core Concepts, The CELL ESSENTIALS they need and the bio-individual process to ATTAIN the WELLNESS they WANT well…….
Those very prospective clients resonate with you immediately. They recognize that what you have to offer is THE KEY to the WELLNESS they WANT:
…and let me tell you it is really cool to work this way! and when ‘top-notch’ clients are coming toward you…
…….. you want to be ready and prepared.
Which is why NOW is a good time to take on the
2nd of the 2 Business Focuses~
#2: Be prepared to run your first session with your newly ATTAINED ‘top-notch‘ client in the way that helps them connect right away. Bringing them to the conclusion that after just one session with YOU that YOU are the ONE.
That YOU have what it takes to Help them ATTAIN the WELLNESS they WANT.
Correctly done, your very first session will automatically lead to a 2nd session. No Sales, No pitching, instead genuine interest on your newly ATTAINED top-notch clients part to meet with you again.
As your time together at your first session winds down, the ‘top-notch‘ client will want to know when the next session with you will be!
Plus they will be engaged in between this first session with you and their next with you.
Leaving the one-timers (the one session; the one package, the one program) out of your business equation. yeah!!!!
As long as you Eliminate the 3 Big; BIG Blunders Wellness Professionals Make Running their First Sessions your ATTAINED ‘top-notch‘ client will immediately transition into a RETAINED client doubling your Businesses First Session Income.
When you have gotten the Steps down of ATTAINING the ‘top-notch‘ Client; your Business time reallocates to include Educating Yourself on First Session (Eliminating the 3 Big Blunders) and Follow-up Sessions process (Identify Here).
Moving you from ‘one-timers‘ to doubling your new client sessions to then immediately quadrupling them.
It is your bio-individual session process that guides your clients success in attaining the WELLNESS they WANT and in turn your Success in Building the WELLNESS Business You WANT. It is exciting!
You too are beginning to realize that what I have been saying all along is true! YOU’VE GOT THIS!
YOU already HAVE what it takes….
you just need to KNOW HOW to use it!
The observation exercise you did helps you gain the real-world experience of figuring out how the ‘top-notch’ client type helps you Establish the WELLNESS Business you WANT in record time!
Prioritize; schedule in and consistently: Take the 3 Steps that Help ‘top-notch‘ Clients Find YOU. Coming up next in the series)
Educate yourself on First Session and Follow-up Session bio-individual processes to double then quadruple your ‘top-notch‘ client income.
So your clients succeed ATTAINING the WELLNESS they WANT.
As you Succeed in Building the WELLNESS Business you WANT.
My ‘wiseness’ offering to you:
• Don’t put off Building the WELLNESS Business You WANT.
• Don’t wait to get more ducks in a row,
• More systems in place,
• More training.
You can do that along the way. I will help you.
Begin Building the WELLNESS Business You WANT by placing your focus on:
1. using the expertise you have
2. getting the tools to communicate YOU are the one to help them because you focus on the bio-individual process leading to Self-Care
You already have what it takes…..
YOU just need to KNOW how to use it!
until next time here is a summary of links for your easy access!
1. Sign me up for all the educational pieces in this series. LINK: How to ATTAIN ‘top-notch‘ client posts and podcasts.
2. LINK to WANT WELLNESS: CELL’f Care presentation transcripts. I want to get a jump start and read mo’s WANT WELLNESS Presentation Transcripts available in paperback and kindle formats.
3. Share with me your area of expertise. Your questions; comments; ideas: Direct link to CONTACT MO
4. LINK: I want to DOWNLOAD the FREE action step worksheets for this post.